If you love French toast, then you’ll love this casserole! It’s perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. Serve it with fresh fruit and a dollop of whipped cream for a truly decadent treat.
This casserole is a great dish to serve for brunch or breakfast. It can be made ahead of time and reheated, so it’s perfect for busy mornings. Serve it with some fresh fruit and a cup of coffee for a complete meal.
The BEST French Toast Casserole Recipe
What to Serve With Savoury French Toast
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty breakfast option, look no further than savoury French toast! This dish can be made with any type of bread, but we recommend using a thick sliced sandwich bread for the best results. Once you’ve chosen your bread, simply add your favourite savoury toppings – we love using ham, cheese and mushrooms.
Then dip the bread in a mixture of eggs and milk, before frying in some butter until golden brown. Serve with a side of ketchup or hot sauce and you’re good to go!
What to Serve With French Toast for Brunch
French toast is a classic brunch dish that can be served with a variety of different toppings. Here are some ideas of what to serve with French toast for brunch:-Fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, or bananas
-Syrup or honey -Powdered sugar -Whipped cream
-Jam or preserves
What to Eat With French Toast Without Syrup
French toast is a delicious breakfast food that can be enjoyed with or without syrup. If you’re looking to mix things up, there are plenty of other toppings that go great with french toast. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Fresh fruit – top your french toast with some fresh berries or sliced bananas for a sweet and healthy treat.
3. Savory toppings – if you’re not in the mood for something sweet, try topping your french toast with some savory ingredients like bacon, ham, or sausage. You can also add shredded cheese or diced avocado for extra flavor.4. Maple syrup – of course, you can always enjoy your french toast the traditional way with maple syrup.
But if you want to try something different, consider using honey or agave nectar instead.
French Toast Dinner Ideas
When it comes to French toast, there are endless possibilities for delicious toppings and fillings. Here are a few of our favorite French toast dinner ideas:1. Classic French Toast: Top your French toast with butter, syrup, and powdered sugar for a classic breakfast or brunch dish.
2. Savory French Toast: For a savory twist on French toast, try topping it with eggs, bacon, and cheese.3. Sweet & Spicy French Toast: Combine sweet and spicy flavors by topping your French toast with cinnamon sugar and a touch of cayenne pepper. Serve with maple syrup for an extra sweet treat!
4. Fruit-Topped French Toast: Top yourFrench toast with fresh berries, bananas, or other diced fruit for a healthy and flavorful breakfast option. Serve with yogurt or honey on the side if desired.5. Nutella & Banana stuffedFrench Toast: Spread Nutella on one slice of bread then top with sliced bananas before making into standard french toast sandwiches.
What Side Dishes Go With French Toast?
When it comes to French toast, there are a variety of delicious side dishes that can perfectly complement this classic breakfast treat. Here are a few of our favorites:
2. Bacon – Another excellent option for adding some savory flavors to your meal.3. Ham – If you’re looking for something a little different, ham is a great choice and goes especially well with sweeter toppings like syrup or fruit compote.4. Fresh Fruit – A healthy and refreshing option that also happens to be incredibly delicious.
Try pairing with a dollop of yogurt for an extra special treat.
What is Your Favorite Thing With French Toast?
There are so many things to love about French toast! For starters, it’s a delicious and easy way to start your day. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover bread.
And who doesn’t love the combination of sweet and savory flavors?Here are some of our favorite things about French toast:1. The flavor combinations are endless.
Whether you like your French toast sweet or savory, there are endless possibilities when it comes to flavoring your dish. From adding fruit and syrup to topping it with bacon and eggs, the possibilities are endless.2. It’s a versatile dish.
Not in the mood for breakfast? No problem! French toast makes a great dessert too.
Just add some chocolate chips or top it with whipped cream and you’ve got yourself a tasty treat.3. It’s easy to make.With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of French toast in no time flat.
All you need is bread, eggs, milk, butter (or margarine), and cinnamon (optional).
How Do You Keep French Toast Casserole from Getting Soggy?
When it comes to French toast casserole, the key is all in the preparation. If you want to avoid a soggy mess, there are a few simple tips you can follow.
This will help the casserole hold its shape and prevent it from becoming too mushy. Second, be generous with the egg mixture. The eggs should completely coat each slice of bread and bind everything together.
Third, don’t overdo it on the soaking time. You want the bread to absorb some of the egg mixture, but if you let it soak for too long it will become saturated and fall apart when baked. fourth, add a little bit of flour to thicken up the mixture if needed.
This will also help bind everything together and prevent any unwanted sogginess.Finally, bake your casserole until golden brown and crisp on top. This will ensure that all of those delicious flavours have time to meld together and create a perfectly balanced dish.
So there you have it!
What is a Common Side Dish?
A common side dish is a food item that accompanies the main course of a meal. It can be either a cooked dish or a raw salad. Common side dishes include rice, potatoes, vegetables, and bread.
This dish is perfect for a winter brunch! It can be made ahead of time and reheated, so all you have to do on the day-of is pop it in the oven. Serve with some fresh fruit and juice, and your guests will be very impressed.
Helen’s your eternally cheerful, next-door suburban mom that genuinely enjoys sharing with the whole neighborhood her latest fresh-from-the-oven culinary creations. She’s also a treasure trove of kitchen hacks and DIY advice if you have the patience to listen to her life story on repeat and the latest news on her son, Marv, and on how great he’s doing on the college football team. Fortunately, she agreed to leave her kitchen wisdom in writing as well when one of our editors with saintlike patience asked her to.