The plum is a stone fruit that is related to the peach and nectarine. Plums come in many different varieties, and they can be either sweet or tart. Some of the most popular varieties of plums include the prune plum, damson plum, and greengage plum.
To make plum juice, you will need: -3 pounds of fresh plums -1 cup of water
-1/2 cup of sugar (or more, to taste)
- Start by boiling water in a large pot
- You’ll need about 1/2 gallon of water for every pound of plums you have
- Add the plums to the boiling water and let them cook for 15-20 minutes, or until they’re soft
- Remove the cooked plums from the pot with a slotted spoon and place them in a blender or food processor
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar for every pound of plums you have
- Blend the plum mixture until it’s smooth, then pour it through a strainer into another pot or bowl to remove any chunks that didn’t blend properly
- Pour the strained plum juice into bottles or jars and seal them tightly
- Store the juice in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze it for longer-term storage
HOW TO MAKE PLUM JUICE
How is Plum Juice Made?
Most people don’t know how plum juice is made. It’s a process that involves crushing the plums and then boiling them with water. The pulp is then strained off and the juice is left behind.
This juice can be drunk as is or used in various recipes. To make your own plum juice, start by purchasing some ripe plums from your local grocery store or farmer’s market. You’ll need about 2 pounds of plums for every cup of juice you want to make.
Once you have your plums, wash them thoroughly and remove any stems or leaves. Next, cut the plums into small pieces and place them in a large pot on the stove. Add enough water to cover the plums and bring the mixture to a boil.
Allow the plums to cook for about 15 minutes, or until they are soft. Once the plums are cooked, use a spoon or potato masher to mash them up into a pulp. If you want a smoother juicemixture, you can also use an immersion blender at this point.
Otherwise, just continue mashing until most of the plum bits have been broken down. Now it’s time to strain out the pulp from the liquid plum juice mix. To do this, line a colander with several layers of cheeseclothand set it over another large bowl or pot.
Pour the mashed plum mixture into the colander and let it sit for about an hour so all ofthe juice can drip through leaving behind only the pulp inthe cheesecloth-lined colander/strainer combo thingy.
What is Plum Juice Good For?
There are many benefits of plum juice. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and iron. Plum juice can help boost the immune system, improve digestion, and promote healthy skin and hair.
Additionally, plum juice may help protect against some chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
How Long Does Fresh Plum Juice Last?
While the answer may vary depending on how you store your fresh plum juice, typically, it will last around 3-5 days in the fridge. If you’re looking to extend its shelf life, consider freezing your plum juice in an airtight container – it should stay good for up to 6 months. However, it’s important to note that frozen juice may not taste as fresh as when it was first made.
When thawing, be sure to do so in the fridge overnight and give your juice a good shake before serving.
How Do You Make Wild Plum Juice?
If you have ever wanted to make your own wild plum juice, it is actually very easy to do. All you need is a blender, some ripe wild plums, sugar and water. Here is a step by step guide on how to make this delicious juice.
1) Wash the wild plums and cut them in half. You can also remove the pits if you prefer. 2) Add the plum halves, sugar and water to the blender.
Blend until smooth. 3) Pour the mixture into a strainer over a bowl or pitcher. This will help remove any pulp or seeds from the juice.
4) Enjoy your homemade wild plum juice! You can store it in the fridge for up to a week or freeze it for longer term storage.
How to Make Plum Juice With a Juicer
If you have a juicer, making plum juice is a quick and easy process. Start by washing your plums thoroughly. Cut them in half and remove the pits, then cut the fruit into small pieces that will fit easily into your juicer’s feeder chute.
Turn on your juicer and begin feeding the plums into the machine; depending on the size of your juicer, you may need to do this in batches. Collect the fresh plum juice in a clean pitcher or jar as it comes out of the spout. Once all of the plums have been juiced, turn off the machine and give your plum juice a taste; if necessary, add sugar or honey to sweeten it to your liking.
Enjoy your delicious homemade plum juice right away or store it in the fridge for later!
What to Do With Plum Juice
If you have a juicer, then you may be wondering what to do with all of that delicious plum juice. Here are some ideas:
– Add it to sparkling water for a refreshing drink
– Use it in place of cranberry juice in cocktails or mocktails – Make a fruit syrup by boiling the juice down and adding sugar – Mix it with yogurt or cottage cheese for a healthy snack
Plum Juice Cocktail
1 1/2 cups plum juice
1 cup sparkling water
1/4 cup lemon juice 1 tablespoon honey Ice cubes
Directions: In a pitcher, combine plum juice, sparkling water, lemon juice and honey. Add ice cubes and stir well.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy juice to make at home, plum juice is a great option! Here’s how to make it:
1. Start with ripe plums – they should be soft to the touch and have a deep purple color.
2. Wash the plums and remove the pits. 3. Cut the plums into small pieces and add them to a blender or food processor. 4. Add water to the blender or food processor (enough to cover the fruit) and blend until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth to remove any pulp or seeds. 6. Enjoy your fresh plum juice!
Amanda Wilks is a part-time writer and cooking enthusiast. It’s only recently that she discovered her passion for gastronomy, but since she did, not a single day passed without her cooking for her family and friends, who praise her creativity in the kitchen.