Today, we’ll be discussing how to cook popcorn without a microwave. This is a great skill to have if you find yourself in a situation where you don’t have access to a microwave, or if you simply want to avoid using one. There are two methods that we’ll be covering today.
The first method is stovetop popping, and the second is using the oven.
Let’s get started!
- Place 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a medium-sized, deep saucepan
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and stir to coat the kernels
- Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes
- Remove the lid and quickly give the kernels a good shake, then put the lid back on and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until most of the kernels have popped
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl and season with salt, pepper, or any other desired spices
Can You Pop Microwave Popcorn on the Stove?
Yes, you can pop microwave popcorn on the stove. All you need is a pot with a lid and some popcorn kernels. Heat up the pot on the stove over medium heat until the kernels start to popping.
Then, put a lid on the pot to keep the popped corn from flying out. Keep shaking the pot occasionally so that all of the kernels get popped. Once they’re all popped, dump the popcorn into a bowl and enjoy!
Is There Another Way to Pop Microwave Popcorn?
Yes, there are other ways to make popcorn besides using a microwave. One popular way is to use an air popper. This device uses hot air to pop the kernels and produces a healthier version of popcorn with less fat and calories.
Another stovetop method is to place a small amount of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the kernels and cover the pan with a lid. Shake the pan occasionally until you hear the popping slow down, then remove from heat and enjoy!
How To Make: Microwave Popcorn without a Microwave | on the stove
How to Cook Microwave Popcorn in the Oven
We all know how to cook popcorn in the microwave, but did you know that you can also cook it in the oven? It’s true! And it’s actually quite simple.
All you need is a baking sheet, some popcorn kernels, and a little oil.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread a layer of popcorn kernels on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle a little oil over the top (just enough to coat the kernels).
4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and let the kernels pop away! Once they start popping, shake the pan every so often to ensure even cooking. After about 5 minutes or so, you’ll have fresh, hot popcorn ready to enjoy!
How to Cook Microwave Popcorn on the Stove
If you’re one of those people who love the taste of microwave popcorn but hate the chemicals that come along with it, then this blog post is for you! Cooking popcorn on the stove is not only a healthier option, but it’s also super easy to do. All you need is a pot with a lid, some oil, and some kernels.
Here’s how to cook your own healthy stovetop popcorn:
1. Heat up your pot on the stove over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and add your kernels.
2. Put the lid on your pot and give it a shake so that all of the kernels are coated in oil. Then wait for them to start popping! This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
3. Once they start popping, keep shaking the pan so that all of the kernels pop evenly. Once they’ve all popped, remove them from heat and enjoy!
How to Cook Microwave Popcorn in Air Fryer
If you’re a fan of microwave popcorn but are looking for a healthier option, you can cook it in your air fryer! This method results in crispier, less greasy popcorn that’s just as easy to make.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Place 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels in your air fryer basket.
2. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
3. Once the kernels have popped, remove them from the air fryer and season as desired.
Microwave Popcorn Alternative
Do you love the smell of freshly popped popcorn but hate the chemicals that come along with it? If so, then you’ll be happy to know that there are several alternatives to microwave popcorn that are just as easy and just as delicious.One alternative is to make stovetop popcorn.
This method requires a little more effort than popping popcorn in the microwave, but it’s worth it for the added flavor and health benefits. To make stovetop popcorn, simply heat a small amount of oil in a pot on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add a handful of kernels and cover the pot with a lid.
Shake the pot occasionally to prevent burning, and within minutes you’ll have fresh, homemade popcorn.If you’re looking for an even healthier option, try air-popping your own popcorn. This method doesn’t require any oil at all, so it’s a great way to cut down on calories.
You’ll need an air popper for this method, which you can find online or at most kitchen stores. Simply add your kernels to the popper and turn it on – in no time at all you’ll have perfectly popped corn with no added fat or calories.
If you’re one of the growing numbers of people who don’t have a microwave or are just trying to cut down on your use of them, there’s no need to worry about missing out on the deliciousness of the popcorn. You can easily cook it on the stovetop in a pot with a lid. First, measure out 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels and add them to a medium-sized pot with a lid.
Then, heat the pot over medium heat until you hear the kernels start to pop. Once they start popping, give the pot a shake every few seconds to help prevent burning. After about 3 minutes, most of the kernels should be popped.
At this point, remove the pot from the heat and pour the popcorn into a bowl. If you like, you can season it with salt, butter, or any other topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Amanda Wilks is a part-time writer and cooking enthusiast. It’s only recently that she discovered her passion for gastronomy, but since she did, not a single day passed without her cooking for her family and friends, who praise her creativity in the kitchen.