Insanely Easy, Quick And Delicious Potato Snacks Recipes
If you are after easy potato snacks recipes for a great supper or as an alternative to time-consuming snack options, here are four insanely delicious, easy and quick recipes for potatoes that will satisfy your hunger without any fuss.
Easy Potato Snacks Recipes
Spicy Potato Lollipop
Do fun with potatoes to cheer up your kids and toddlers by executing this easy potato lollipop recipe. It’s a great after-school recipe, best served with ketchup.
- 2 Large peeled potatoes
- 1 carrot
- Bread slices
- 2 green chilies
- Small ginger slice
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 4-5 cilantro springs
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Boil and mash potatoes and carrots together.
- Use a pestle or mortar to crush ginger, chilies, and cilantro together.
- Soak bread crumbs in water for 4-5 minutes. Then squeeze out water well and combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Knead the mixture into soft dough.
- Shape into small lollipops and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Once the lollipops get cool, insert toothpick or lollipop sticks into each lollipop.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Ricotta Mashed Potato
Serve ricotta mashed potato as a tempting side dish by serving them in ramekins.
- 3-4 large potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place peeled potatoes and salt into a large bowl.
- Bring it to boil until potatoes are tender. It’ll take 20-30 minutes.
- Now stir ricotta, milk, butter, salt, pepper and mashed potatoes together to blend them well.
- Spoon it into ramekins in baking pan and bake until browned.
- Serve it hot as a delicious side dish to your guests.
Crispy Potato Chips Recipe
It just takes a few minutes to execute this baked sweet potatoes recipe and stuff your kids’ lunchbox with fantastic snacks. If you are looking for some healthy potato recipes, note that sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins and essential minerals.
- Mandolin or knife
- Vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice potatoes using a knife or mandolin for thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes slices, salt, and oil; and toss them well to coat the oil on the slices properly.
- On a cooking sheet, spread oil-coated potato slices, spray vegetable oil and place it into the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown on both sides.
- Serve them hot with ketchup when you need to accompany your coffee with something light and crispy.
Instant Potato Pancakes
- 3-4 diced potatoes
- 2 diced onions
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Peel off onion and potatoes and then grind them together in a food processor.
- Now squeeze excess water from potato and onion mixture and place it another bowl.
- Add egg, salt, and flour to the bowl and mix all ingredients well using a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking point.
- Scoop out the mixture into the pan, flat it with a fork and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Take out the pancake, place it over paper lined tray and repeat the process with remaining mixture.
- Garnish potato pancakes with salt and serve hot with sauce or cream.