Easy and Delicious Comfort Food Recipes for home cooks
Whether you need a little help dealing with the Sunday scaries on a cold winter night or plan on celebrating a recent success, there is nothing like the pleasures of simple and delicious comfort food. After all, what’s a few extra calories in front of a big plate of comfort. Classic casseroles to timeless Mac and cheese, today we have rounded up some of the most delicious and easy-to-make comfort food recipes to satisfy all your nostalgic cravings. Dig in!
Baked Potato Eggs
How about starting your day with a plate of baked potatoes, topped with eggs and cheese? Read the sinfully rich recipe and try it the first thing this weekend.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Grated parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
- 2 precooked turkey sausages, diced
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Clean and scrub your potatoes. Peirce each of them using a fork and bake then until they become tender.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out the insides and stir in butter and cheese. Add in the sausages. Now put the mixture back into the potatoes except leave the center hollow. Add an egg in the hollow portion of the potatoes and put them on a baking sheet. Cook for 10-15 minutes.Serve warm!
Three Cheese Skillet Nachos
Nothing delights a cheese lover like a plate of skillet nachos loaded with three kinds of cheese and some mouth-watering toppings. Perfect for holidays and weekend sports session, this quick and easy comfort food recipe will make all your melted cheese dream come true. Here’s the recipe:
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cups of cotija cheese
- 1 cup Black beans
- Your favorite toppings like diced tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, olives, cilantro, sour cream etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Take a cast iron skillet and place half of the tortilla chips on the skillet. Layer the chips with cheddar, pepper jack cheese, and beans. Add the remaining chips and again top with a layer of cheese and beans.
- Bake until the cheese has melted (10-15 minutes). Now add shredded cotija cheese and additional toppings. Serve warm!
Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie
Chicken and vegetable pot pie is another classic recipe, which may remind you of your childhood holidays. Get the recipe here and try it at home now:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 diced carrots
- All-purpose flour 3 tbsp
- Dry white wine 1/2 cup
- 2 cups 1 percent milk
- Frozen peas
- Fresh thyme 1 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 piecrust– 9-inch
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Take a pot of water and simmer. Add chicken until cooked through. Let it cool and then shred. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the onions, carrots. Cook for 6-8 minutes until they began to soften. Keep stirring. Once the veggies are cooked, sprinkle the flour and cook while stirring, for 1 more minute.
- Now add the wine and cook for about 5 minutes until it evaporates. Put milk and let it simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir in the chicken, peas, thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a shallow baking dish and lay the pie crust on the top. Press the crust to seal and cut in several vents. Place the pot pie on a baking sheet and allow it to bake until the crust turns golden.
- Serve with other delicious Christmas drinks and enjoy a nostalgic holiday comfort food.
These were some of our all-time favorite comfort food recipes. Don’t’ forget to share with us your go-to comfort food recipes.