Best Toaster Ovens Under $100
A toaster oven should be able to do more than make toast in the morning. The best toaster ovens can reheat leftover, bake a small side dish or heat a frozen pizza. Even better, the best toaster oven shouldn’t have to break the bank. If you’re on a budget, take a look at a few of the best toaster ovens available for less than $100.
The Oster Large Capacity Convection Toaster Oven holds up to six slices of bread at one time or a 12-inch pizza. Along with toasting, it offers bake, broil, and convection bake options. The digital push-button controls let you program the function, temperature and cooking time with accuracy. The oven also has an interior light so that you can check on the food you’re cooking without opening the door.
The timer on the oven will countdown from 90 minutes, giving you plenty of time to cook or bake most foods. The broiler is also adjustable so that you can change the temperature when broiling to help you get the results you want.
- Sizeable interior accommodates plenty of food.
- Includes a defrost function, so that you can heat or cook food right from frozen.
- Digital display includes a clock.
- Push-button controls can be easier to use and more accurate than knobs.
- The exterior of the oven heats up when it’s in use, which can be a hazard for burns.
- Interior cooking racks are a considerable distance from the heating elements, which can make it take a while for the toast to toast.
The Black & Decker 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Toaster Oven might take home the prize for holding the largest number of slices of bread. If you regularly prepare breakfast for a crowd, this might be the toaster oven for you.
It has an extra-large interior that not only holds up to eight slices of bread; it can also hold a 9 by 13-inch baking dish, a 12-inch pizza, and most conventional baking sheets or pans. The oven’s claim to fame is that you don’t need to purchase special “toaster oven size” baking sheets or pans to use with it. You can use what you’d use in a conventional oven.
The toaster oven has separate timers and functions for toasting and baking. If you’re cooking or baking in the oven, you can use the minute timer. If you’re preparing toast, you can use the toast timer, which is rated based on how dark you want your toast to be.
- Convection heating, which helps to cook or bake food quickly and evenly.
- It has one of the largest interior capacities available.
- Has an indicator light to let you know when the oven is pre-heated.
- Interior isn’t non-stick, so any spilled food might be tricky to remove.
- Timer only lasts for 60 minutes.
The Proctor Silex Modern Toaster Oven isn’t going to win any design medals or knock your socks off with the number of features or bells & whistles it offers. But if you’re looking for a very budget-friendly, basic toaster oven, it’s likely to be a good pick for you.
The toaster oven has three functions: toast, bake and broil (which is 450 degrees). It has one timer knob, which you use for choosing how dark you want your toast and for setting the cook time (it goes up to 30 minutes). There’s also a stay-on feature if you want to use a separate timer.
The interior of the toaster oven holds up to four slices of bread or one 9-inch pizza.
- Simple design.
- It includes a baking sheet which holds up to two slices of bread.
- Has a removable crumb tray, which helps make clean-up easier.
- The small exterior makes it ideal for kitchens with limited counter space.
- Shuts off automatically after the timer is up.
- Limited features mean you won’t get much mileage out of the toaster oven. It’s suitable for toasting and heating or baking small things.
- The cord is less than 20 inches long, which limits where you can place it in your kitchen.
The Oster Convection Oven with Dedicated Pizza Drawer is just barely under $100 and might be the right toaster oven for people who appreciate a frozen pizza. The oven’s distinctive feature is a pizza drawer, built into the bottom of the device and designed specifically for cooking pizzas and other flat foods, like quesadillas and bruschetta.
The addition of the pizza drawer to the toaster oven means that it has a bigger and taller footprint than other under $100 models. If you plan on using the toaster oven on a counter that’s underneath cabinets, the extra height created by the drawer might mean that there isn’t sufficient clearance between the top of the oven and the bottom of your cabinets.
- Includes four functions: toast, bake, broil, and warm.
- Features convection heating for more even baking.
- Has a 60-minute timer and auto-shutoff feature.
- You can’t use the pizza drawer and the regular oven at the same time.
- The Large size of the toaster oven limits where you can use it or limits placement of the toaster oven in your kitchen–This oven will fit more than a chicken breast.
The Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven is another simple, bare bones model. It has three knobs and five functions: bake, broil, warm, toast and “bagel.” The timer counts down from 30 minutes and also gives you the option to leave the oven on if you want to use a separate timer.
The inside of the toaster oven holds up to four slices of bread (or four bagel halves) and up to one 9-inch pizza.
- Compact footprint is ideal for the smallest of kitchens.
- Bagel function heats cut bagels evenly, by gently warming the exterior and toasting the cut side.
- Includes a baking sheet and removable crumb tray.
- No convection feature.
- Small size and limited functions mean the toaster oven is better suited for reheating or toasting rather than cooking foods from scratch.
The Waring 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven holds up to a 12-inch pizza, or as its name implies, six slices of bread. It has multiple functions, including bake, broil, convection, and toast. The oven comes with a rack, baking sheet, broil pan, and crumb tray. The crumb tray seems to be directly beneath the shelf, rather than on the floor of the oven.
- Convection feature helps foods cook evenly and quickly.
- Interior of the oven is quite roomy.
- Made of stainless steel and is free of non-stick coatings, which some people are concerned about.
- Comes with baking sheets and broil pan.
- Has few features to offer, despite its higher price tag. It does what the Black + Decker and Procter Silex models do, but costs more than twice as much.
- Interior of the oven can be tricky to clean. The crumb tray can be difficult to remove.
The Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Countertop Oven answers the question, “what would happen if you combined a regular toaster with a toaster oven?” It features a typical, pop-up two-slice toaster on the top but also has a compact oven on the bottom.
A sliding lever near the top of the appliance gives you the option of choosing between toaster or oven, meaning you can’t use both at once. The oven has a temperature range between 200 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re using the pop-up toaster, you can choose settings from 1 to 6. Presumably, 1 is the lightest and 6 the darkest.
- The two-in-one appliance is ideal for the smallest of spaces.
- Toaster slot is 1.5 inches wide, so big enough for bagels and regular bread slices.
- Comes with a baking sheet and crumb tray.
- Claims to toast bread 24 percent faster than other toaster ovens.
- You can only toast two slices of bread or two bagel halves at a time.
- Oven part only holds up to two slices of pizza — not an entire pie.
- There’s no timer for the oven part of the toaster and countertop oven.
The MaxiMatic Toaster Oven comes in at under $100 despite all the bells and whistles it includes. Need to make a rotisserie chicken? It has a spit roast. Want to prepare breakfast on top of your toaster oven? You can with the attached griddle pan.
Despite all of its extra features, the toaster oven isn’t that much bigger than other models (it measures 20.1 x 14.1 x 16 inches).
- Lots of bells and whistles — lets you cook pancakes, steam foods, cook a rotisserie chicken, bake, broil, and keep foods warms.
- Holds up to a 12-inch pizza or a whole chicken.
- Has a 60-minute timer and a stay-on function.
- Lots of extra features and moving parts means there’s more to break down.
- The exterior of the toaster oven gets very hot.
Click here to check out The Five Best Toaster Ovens