There are many different types of food storage containers on the market. It can be hard to decide which one is best for your needs. If you are looking for a container to store leftovers, there are a few things you should consider. The size of the container is important. You need to make sure it is big enough to hold all of your leftovers. The material the container is made from is also important. Some materials keep food fresh longer than others. You should also consider how easy the container is to clean. The last thing you want is a container that is difficult to clean and sterilize. With all of these factors in mind, we have compiled a list of the best food storage containers for leftovers
Review of Best Food Storage Containers For Leftovers
1. Utopia Kitchen Plastic Food Containers set – Pack of 24 …
- Brand: Utopia Kitchen
- Manufacturer: Utopia Kitchen
- Color: Clear
The Utopia Kitchen Plastic Food Containers set is a great way to store your food. The containers are made of durable plastic and are stackable for easy storage. The lids fit snugly on the containers, keeping your food fresh. The set includes 24 containers, perfect for meal prep or leftovers.
- They are durable and will not crack or shatter like glass containers.
- They are light weight and easy to transport.
- They are microwave and dishwasher safe.
- They have tight fitting lids that will keep food fresh longer.
- They are stackable, so they take up less cabinet space than other types of storage containers
This is a great set of food containers! They are made of durable plastic and are dishwasher safe. They are perfect for storing leftovers or taking your lunch to work. The lids fit snugly and keep food fresh. I highly recommend this product!
2. Rubbermaid 10-Piece Brilliance Food Storage Containers with Lids for Lunch, …
- Brand: Rubbermaid
- Dimensions: Height: 5.669291339 inches Width: 8.188976378 inches Length: 10.19685039 inches Weight: 2.7 Pounds `
The Rubbermaid 10-Piece Brilliance Food Storage Containers with Lids for Lunch are perfect for storing and transporting your food. The containers are made of durable plastic and are dishwasher safe. The lids snap on tight, keeping your food fresh and preventing leaks. The containers are stackable, making them easy to store in your fridge or cupboard.
- The Rubbermaid Brilliance set is made of stain and odor resistant material that helps keep your food fresh.
- The 10 piece set includes five 2.8 cup containers and five lids, perfect for packing lunch or snacks on the go.
- These containers are 100% leak proof and have a crystal clear design that makes it easy to see what’s inside.
- The space saving nesting design means these containers take up less room in your cabinets when not in use.
- The BPA free material is microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe, making it easy to reheat and clean.
I bought these containers to take my lunch to work and I absolutely love them! They are the perfect size for packing a sandwich, some fruit and a snack. The lids fit snugly so I don’t have to worry about anything leaking and they are stackable so they don’t take up a lot of space in my lunch bag.
3. Set of 4 Collapsible Silicone Food Storage Container, Leftover Meal …
- Brand: SuperDee Corp
- Dimensions: Height: 8.49999999133 Inches Width: 1.99999999796 Inches Length: 2.70078739882 Inches Weight: 1.53 Pounds `
The Set of 4 Collapsible Silicone Food Storage Containers are perfect for leftovers or meal prep! The containers are made of high quality silicone and collapse down to take up less space in your fridge or cupboard. They are microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe.
- The containers are collapsible, so they take up less space in your cupboard or pantry.
- They’re made of silicone, so they’re durable and easy to clean.
- They’re perfect for storing leftovers or meal prep.
- The lids are airtight, so your food will stay fresh longer.
- They’re microwave safe, so you can reheat your food without having to transfer it to another container.
We absolutely love these containers! They are perfect for storing leftovers and taking them with us on the go. The fact that they collapse makes them so easy to store in the fridge or cupboard. The silicone is also great because it doesn’t hold onto smells like some other materials can.
4. DuraHome Food Storage Containers with Lids 8oz, 16oz, 32oz Freezer …
- Brand: DuraHome
- Manufacturer: DuraHome
- Color: Clear
- Dimensions: Height: 5.0 Inches Width: 9.0 Inches Length: 15.5 Inches
The DuraHome food storage containers are perfect for storing leftovers or taking meals on the go. The lids snap on securely and keep food fresh in the freezer, fridge, or pantry. The 8oz, 16oz, and 32oz sizes are great for portion control and meal planning. These stackable containers nest together for easy storage.
- DuraHome food storage containers are made of durable plastic that can withstand both freezing and microwaving, making them perfect for leftovers or quick meals.
- The lids fit snugly on the containers, preventing leaks and keeping your food fresh.
- The containers are stackable, so they take up less space in your freezer or cupboard.
- They’re dishwasher-safe, so cleanup is a breeze.
- The set includes three different sizes (8oz, 16oz, and 32oz), so you can choose the perfect size for your needs.
These containers are amazing! They keep my food fresh and I don’t have to worry about freezer burn. The lids fit snugly and prevent any leaks. I would highly recommend these to anyone who is looking for a good storage solution.
5. Freshware Meal Prep Containers [50 Pack] 1 Compartment Food Storage …
- Brand: Freshware
- Manufacturer: Freshware
- Color: 1-Compartment, 50-Pack, 16 ounce
- Dimensions: Height: 14.2 Inches Width: 5.7 Inches Length: 8.1 Inches Weight: 3.2 Pounds `
If you’re looking for an affordable, high-quality meal prep container, Freshware’s 50-pack is a great option. These containers are made from durable plastic and have one large compartment, making them perfect for packing a variety of foods. They’re also stackable and come with tight-fitting lids to keep your food fresh.
- 50 pack of meal prep containers with one compartment each – great for portion control and meal planning!
- Stackable and space-saving – perfect for small kitchens or to take on the go!
- Microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe – easily reheat your meals without having to dirty extra dishes!
- Durable and leak-proof – no more spills or messes in your bag or fridge!
- BPA free and FDA approved – you can be sure that your food is safe from harmful chemicals.
These are the best meal prep containers I’ve ever used! They are super sturdy and have never leaked on me. I love that they are stackable and have a separate compartment for each food item. They make meal prepping so much easier and less messy.
6. 32 Piece Food Storage Containers Set with Easy Snap Lids …
- Brand: Chef’s Path
- Manufacturer: Chef’s Path
- Color: Transparent
This set of food storage containers is amazing! They are so easy to use and make food storage a breeze. I love how they come with easy snap lids that make it super easy to seal up your food. These are perfect for taking lunch to work or school, or for storing leftovers in the fridge. The 32 piece set is also great because it gives you a lot of options for different sized containers.
- The 32 Piece Food Storage Containers Set with Easy Snap Lids is a great way to keep your food fresh and organized.
- The easy snap lids make it easy to access your food and keep it fresh.
- The containers are stackable, so you can save space in your pantry or fridge.
- The set includes four different sizes of containers, so you can store anything from leftovers to snacks.
- The clear plastic makes it easy to see what’s inside the container
I absolutely love these food storage containers! They are the perfect size for meal prep and they have easy snap lids that make them super easy to use. They are also dishwasher safe, which is a huge bonus. I would highly recommend this set to anyone!
7. FineDine 24-Piece Superior Glass Food Storage Containers Set – Newly …
- Brand: FineDine
- Manufacturer: FineDine
- Color: Gray 24 Pack
FineDine 24-Piece Superior Glass Food Storage Containers Set – Newly Innovated Hinged Lids – 100% Leak Proof, Airtight, Microwave & Dishwasher Safe 4.5 out of 5 stars 3,158 This is an excellent glass food storage container set. The newly innovated hinged lids are great because they are 100% leak proof and airtight. They are also microwave and dishwasher safe. This set comes with 24 pieces, so it is perfect for large families or groups.
- The FineDine 24-Piece Superior Glass Food Storage Containers Set is a great way to store your food.
- The containers are made of glass, so they are durable and will last for a long time.
- The set comes with lids, so you can keep your food fresh and protected from the elements.
- The containers are stackable, so you can save space in your kitchen cupboards or pantry.
- The set is dishwasher safe, so you can easily clean the containers after use
This set of food storage containers is amazing! The glass is very thick and feels very sturdy. The lids fit snugly and don’t seem like they will come off easily. I love that there are so many different sizes included too. This is going to be great for meal prep and taking leftovers with me on the go.
8. Rubbermaid TakeAlongs Food Storage Containers, 52 Pieces, Ruby Red
- Brand: Rubbermaid
- Manufacturer: Rubbermaid
- Color: Red
- Dimensions: Height: 8.875 Inches Width: 10.375 Inches Length: 13.5 Inches
The Rubbermaid TakeAlongs Food Storage Containers, 52 Pieces, Ruby Red are a great way to keep your food fresh and your kitchen organized. These containers are perfect for meal prep or taking your lunch with you on the go. They are stackable and nestable for easy storage, and the lids snap on securely to keep your food fresh. The red color is perfect for adding a pop of color to your kitchen or bringing some holiday cheer to your meal prep.
- •The Rubbermaid TakeAlongs Food Storage Containers, 52 Pieces, Ruby Red are stackable and nesting, so they take up less space in your cabinets.
- •These containers have snap-on lids that are leak proof and airtight. The lids also have a 4-tab locking system that makes them easy to open and close.
- •The containers are made of durable plastic that is microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- •TheRubbermaid TakeAlongs Food Storage Containers, 52 Pieces, Ruby Red are BPA free and food safe.
- •The set includes: (6) 1.2 cup square containers with lids, (6) 2 cup rectangle containers with lids, (4) 3 cup rectangle containers with lids, (4) 5 cup rectangle containers with lids
These Rubbermaid TakeAlongs food storage containers are amazing! I love the 52 piece set because it gives me a lot of options for different types and sizes of food storage. The Ruby Red color is beautiful and goes great with my kitchen decor. These containers are very sturdy and have a nice tight seal that keeps food fresh. I’ve used them for everything from storing leftovers to packing snacks for road trips. I highly recommend these to anyone in need of some good food storage solutions!
9. Rubbermaid 12-Piece Brilliance Food Storage Containers with Dressing Container, Trays, …
- Brand: Rubbermaid
- Manufacturer: Rubbermaid
- Color: Clear
The Rubbermaid 12-Piece Brilliance Food Storage Containers are the perfect way to store and organize your food. The containers are made of high-quality, durable plastic and are dishwasher safe. They come with a dressing container, trays, and lids, so you can easily store and transport your food. The containers are stackable and nesting for easy storage.
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece Brilliance Food Storage Containers with Dressing Container, Trays, and Lids are made from 100% Tritan plastic which is shatterproof, stain-resistant, and odor-resistant.
- They have a unique stackable and space-saving design that allows you to organize your kitchen cabinets more efficiently.
- The containers are microwave-, freezer-, and dishwasher-safe for added convenience.
- The dressing container is specially designed to keep your salad dressings or sauces neat and tidy while the trays are perfect for storing snacks or other food items.
- The lids have a leak-proof seal that helps keep food fresh and prevents spills or leaks.
I love these storage containers! They are perfect for meal prep and storing leftovers. The dressing container is great for taking salad to work or packing a snack. The trays are perfect for holding fruit or vegetables. They are also great for organizing your refrigerator.
10. GoodCook EveryWare Set of 30 BPA-Free Plastic Food Storage Containers …
- Brand: Good Cook
- Manufacturer: Bradshaw Home
- Color: Clear and Gray
The GoodCook EveryWare Set of 30 BPA-Free Plastic Food Storage Containers are perfect for storing leftovers, taking lunch to work, or packing a picnic. These containers are made of durable plastic and are dishwasher safe. They have tight-fitting lids that keep food fresh and prevent leaks. The containers are stackable for easy storage.
- GoodCook EveryWare Set of 30 BPA-Free Plastic Food Storage Containers is very useful in storing food items and keeping them fresh for a long time.
- The containers are made of high quality plastic which makes them durable and sturdy.
- They are stackable and can be easily stored in the fridge or pantry.
- The lids of the containers fit tightly, thus preventing any leakage or spillage.
- These containers are microwave safe and can be used for reheating food items.
If you’re looking for some good quality, affordable plastic food storage containers then you need to check out GoodCook EveryWare! These things are amazing! They’re made out of BPA-free plastic so you don’t have to worry about any harmful chemicals leaching into your food. They’re also super durable and stackable so they’re perfect for small kitchens or if you just want to save some space. I’ve been using mine for months now and I haven’t had a single issue with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it better to store leftovers in glass or plastic?
There are pros and cons to both storing leftovers in glass or plastic. Glass is often seen as the healthier option because it doesn’t leach chemicals into food like some plastics can. It’s also microwave- and dishwasher-safe, making it easy to reheat and clean.
However, glass can be heavier and more breakable than plastic, making it less convenient for some people. Plastic is lighter and less likely to break, but it may not be as safe since chemicals can leach into food. It’s also not as easy to clean since it isn’t microwave-safe.
Ultimately, the best option for storing leftovers depends on your personal preferences and needs.
What are the best leftover containers?
There are a few different types of containers that are great for storing leftovers in the fridge or freezer. Glass jars with airtight lids are great for foods that you'll be reheating, as they won't absorb any odors from the food. Plastic containers with tight-fitting lids are also good options, as they're lightweight and stackable.
If you're worried about plastic leaching into your food, look for BPA-free options. Finally, foil wrappers and freezer bags are good choices for freezing leftovers.
Which container is best for storing food in fridge?
There are many different types of containers that can be used to store food in the fridge. Some are better than others, depending on the type of food being stored and the desired results. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a container for storing food in the fridge:
1. The type of food being stored: Different foods require different storage conditions. For example, meats and dairy products should be kept cold and moist, while fruits and vegetables can be stored at slightly warmer temperatures. Choose a container that will keep your food fresh according to its specific needs.
2. The size of the container: Make sure the container you choose is big enough to hold all the food you want to store, but not so big that it takes up too much space in your fridge. 3. The material of the container: Some materials, such as plastic, are better at keeping moisture in than others. If you're storing foods that need to stay moist, like fruits and vegetables, choose a container made from a material that won't dry them out too quickly.
What containers keep food fresh longer?
It's no secret that some foods last longer than others. But have you ever wondered what containers keep food fresh longer? Here are some tips to help you extend the life of your food.
1. Use airtight containers for dry goods. Airtightness is key for keeping dry goods like grains, flour, and cereals fresh. That's because these foods are susceptible to moisture and pests.
Store them in tightly sealed plastic or glass containers to keep them safe from moisture and critters. 2. Wrap produce in paper towels before storing. Produce like fruits and vegetables can spoil quickly if they're not stored properly.
To extend their shelf life, wrap them in paper towels before placing them in the fridge or crisper drawer. This will absorb any excess moisture and prevent mold growth. 3. Keep meats refrigerated or frozen.
Meats are perishable and need to be kept cold to prevent bacterial growth.
If you’re looking for the best food storage containers for leftovers, you can’t go wrong with Rubbermaid. Their containers are durable and easy to clean, making them perfect for storing your leftover food.
I’m Asma Sheikh, a home cook and recipe developer with a passion for all things food. On my blog (The Kitchen Advisor), you’ll find everything from healthy weeknight dinners to decadent desserts, and everything in between. So whether you’re a seasoned home cook or just getting started in the kitchen, I hope you’ll find something here that inspires you to get cooking!