Executing Banana Cake Recipe With Heavenly Coconut Frosting
If your taste buds are craving for a sweet but low-in-calorie dessert, this banana cake recipe would be a huge hit. Sweetened with natural banana and maple syrup, this is a must-try finger-licking recipe that would keep up with your weight loss goals.
To make the cake light and moist, we whisk 3-4 eggs into the batter. Flavorful coconut frosting makes you feel good about eating it.
Banana is a fruit easily available across the globe. It acts as an instant energy booster. Its Soluble fibers slow down the digestion process, making you feel fuller for a long time. That’s why people mostly include banana in breakfast meals. Being a fiber rich food, the bananas lower the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD).
Besides this, banana is a powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals like potassium and manganese that stimulate body functioning and keep you healthy.
We’ll replace grain flour with almond flour to make it gluten-free and a full dose of fiber and high proteins. Instead of butter, we’ll use heart-healthy, easily digestible and the revitalizing coconut oil that is not stored as fat in our body.
This banana cake recipe uses Paleo and dairy free topping made by combining maple syrup and coconut cream or coconut milk.
Total Time: 50-60 Minutes
Yield: 1 (9-inch cake)
Tools You Need:
- Large bowls
- 9-inch cake pan
- Stand mixer or beater
Ingredients for Banana Cake:
- 4 well mashed ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients for Coconut Frosting:
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 14 oz. can coconut cream
How to make Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting?
- For the cake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take a large bowl and add mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup in it.
- Now beat all ingredients well using a spatula until the batter becomes light and fluffy.
- Take another bowl and add baking powder, almond oil and baking soda in it.
- Beat these dry ingredients in almond oil well.
- Since we are making a 9-inch cake, grease an appropriate 9-inch cake pan with coconut oil.
- Spread batter in the pan and place it in the preheated oven.
- Let it bake for 40-50 minutes until pale golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Follow a cake baking guide.
- In the meantime, let’s prepare topping. Whip maple syrup and coconut cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Store it in the freezer to make it chilled.
- Now take the baked cake out of the oven, place it on a wire rack and let it cool.
- Once it has completely cooled, it’s time to show your creativity. Transfer the cake to serving tray. Frost it with prepared topping mixture as you like.
You can garnish the cake with dark chocolate syrup or toasted coconut for added decadence. You can also toss chopped and roasted nuts to make this banana cake with coconut frosting more tempting.
Try the recipe! We would love to hear your experience below.