How To Make Macaroni And Cheese Pasta In Slow Cooker?
Macaroni and cheese combo makes a soul food for millions, especially when it’s homemade. But not all of us have enough time to cook perfect cheesy and creamy pasta every time we crave for something spicy plus creamy. You left with two options: wait for the weekend or rush to restaurants.
Fortunately, there is another better way that allows you to cook Mac and cheese whole lot tastier and quickly. All you need is one kitchen appliance – Your slow cooker. Yes, you heard it right. Dry and wet ingredients go inside, and after an hour, you have a scrumptious dish prepared to please your taste buds.
If we talk about ingredients, we’ll use basic material that’s easily available at all grocery stores. Go for elbow macaroni as it cooks consistently and gives the final dish a classic mac and cheese feel. You can choose among expensive cheese, sharp cheddar, and Colby cheese. Make sure you buy cheese in blocks and shred it yourself because self-shredded cheese melts better than pre-shredded cheese.
Just give a try, and it will make you more delicious, flavorful and easier weeknight dinners or a game day treat with any fuss.
Mac & Cheese Pasta Recipe Using Slow Cooker
Ingredients you need for Mac and Cheese Pasta:
- 4 cups shredded cheese (regular, cheddar or Colby)
- 1 pound macaroni (preferably elbow macaroni)
- 2 cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoon fresh butter
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked or plain paprika
- Salt to taste
Tools You Need:
- Large slow cooker
Steps for making Mac and Cheese Pasta in Slow Cooker:
- Save 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in a small bowl for garnishing the dish.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking oil so that ingredients do not stick on its sides.
- Combine all other ingredients in your slow cooker. Use a spatula to combine all ingredients and make sure pasta is coated evenly and completely.
- Cover the cooker and cook it for 2 hours. You will notice that macaroni has absorbed all liquid contents and has become soft. To avoid overcooking, check the dish after 2 hours and then keep on checking after every 20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. How fast the dish cooks depends on the type of macaroni and slow cooker you are using.
- Once done, transfer creamy pasta to a serving tray.
- Sprinkle saved cheese, paprika and black pepper on pasta. Cook for 10 minutes more until the cheese has melted completely and rest of the liquid is absorbed.
- You can serve the hot pasta straight from the slow cooker. Refrigerate leftover dish to keep it edible for 3-5 days.
If you have a small slow cooker, you can use halved quantity of all ingredients to cook in a 3-quart or smaller cooker. For more servings, increase the amount accordingly.
You can achieve a crunchy top of pasta by adding cornflakes or breadcrumbs shallow fried in butter. You can garnish pasta with anything like sweet corns, shallots, nuts, etc. for better presentation.
So, this is all you need to do. Share with us your experience and suggestions below.