6 Yummy Smoothie Recipes for a Healthy Breakfast
Here’s the problem: Your time-crunched, frazzled morning doesn’t allow you enough time to feed yourself enough proteins and nutrients that keep you energetic for the whole day. But experts say it’s important to have a healthy breakfast in the morning to help keep you full and satisfied.
Here’s the solution: Just wake up late and blend up one of these yummy and healthy smoothie recipes to brighten up your morning.
Healthy & Tasty Smoothies for Breakfast
Raspberry Sunrise Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
Swirl the natural sweetness of raspberries with mango goodness; it makes out a perfect balance of sweetness and nutrients that is just enough to get your morning going. This recipe for breakfast smoothies also serves as a post-workout and midnight snack, which at least cut down on unhealthy brownies and cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
Blend raspberries and milk with ice cubes in a smoothie maker until smooth and set it aside. Combine mango and orange juice separately and set it aside. Now mix both immediately and serve with your favorite toppings like crushed almond, chocolate powder, cashews and anything.
Blueberry Spinach Breakfast Smoothie
Fresh or frozen, Berries always make a super-healthy breakfast smoothie loaded with antioxidants and fiber. Disease-fighting blueberries are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese.
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 large frozen strawberries
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey for taste
Whirl all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Keep adding milk to reach the desired consistency and taste. Pour into glasses and enjoy promptly.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
Sipping your smoothie out of a bowl with lots of delicious toppings! Yes, you read it right. It’s tropical paradise that offers you a colorful and extremely energizing breakfast.
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup almond milk
Pulse banana, mango, pineapple and almond milk to make a thick and stirring shake. Pour into two bowls and top with fresh berries, shredded coconut, chia seeds and protein-packed granola.
The Mean Green Breakfast Shake
Had lots of desserts, cheese plates, pasta, and booze last night? The healthy breakfast smoothie recipe is what you need to put in your body for detoxification.
- 1 small-medium peeled and sliced banana
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh mango chunks
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon protein powder
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
Blend all ingredients, except for the hemp seeds, in a high powder blender until smooth and creamy. Add orange juice or coconut milk if you prefer thin consistency. Pour this healthy breakfast smoothie into glasses and sprinkle hemp seeds.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
What’s more decadent than chocolate covered cherries? Cherries and chocolate are both loaded with antioxidants, magnesium, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and are heart healthy.
- 2 cups pitted dark cherries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of the Chai spice
- Pinch of salt, hemp heart sprinkles, chocolate curls
Place and blend all ingredients until pureed. Top the smoothie with extra hemp heart sprinkles, a few cherries, and chocolate curls, if desired!
Coffee Banana Breakfast Shake with Oats and Chia
Start the morning off with a delicious coffee and banana breakfast shake. Loaded with all things good for you, this thick and creamy smoothie is irresistible!
- ¾ cup brewed unsweetened coffee
- 1 large banana*, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. smooth unsalted almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with extra chia seeds, if desired.
And, make your mornings really good!